Mar 25, 2020 |
Updated Visitor Restrictions:
To protect the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff from the spread of COVID‐19 in our community and healthcare facilities, Sakakawea Medical Center has updated its visitor restriction policy effective Thursday, March 19, 2020.
- One visitor per patient, immediate family members only. No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed.
- Family members are limited to those who are healthy (no respiratory symptoms)
- Family members will be screened about recent travel and signs of illness
- ER patients are highly discouraged from having a visitor in the ER
- If an ER patient is a child, limitations will be one parent in the ER room
- If a patient presents with more than one visitor, other visitors will be asked to return home or be asked to wait in the car.
While we realize these temporary steps may cause inconvenience to family members and visitors, we appreciate your understanding and support. Sakakawea Medical Center continues to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and North Dakota Department of Health guidelines. It is our No. 1 priority to keep our community safe and healthy!
As a reminder, if you think you may have been exposed to COVID‐19, contact your healthcare provider at Coal Country Community Health Center by phone. If you are calling after‐hours, please contact Sakakawea Medical Center at 7017482225