Mar 11, 2020 |
Your local healthcare organizations have been closely following recent reports and information about the latest developments with
COVID‐19, otherwise known as the
coronavirus. We are working closely together to be prepared. This update provides information on what you can do to help prevent contracting the virus, and what you can expect from your local healthcare professionals should COVID‐19 directly affect you.
As of March 11, 2020 there are NO persons in North Dakota who have been diagnosed with COVID‐19. We will keep you updated should that change. If you think you may have been exposed to COVID‐19, contact your healthcare provider at Coal Country Community Health Center by phone. If you are calling after‐hours, please contact Sakakawea Medical Center at 7017482225. You may also contact the ND Department of Health at 7013282378.
Prevention: The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. We recommend everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of virus, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after using the restroom, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home from work and public areas if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Facemasks should be used if you are experiencing flu‐like symptoms, such as coughing. This will help reduce spread of any virus you have.
For more information, please visit www.CDC.gov/COVID19
Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‐19). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 Mar. 2020, www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html.