Jan 09, 2017 |
This is definitely a time of celebration and a time to thank all those who have worked so hard to make the new Sakakawea Medical Center a reality. The ability to access quality healthcare in our area is essential to sustaining and building a strong future for our rural communities. The opening of the new Sakakawea Medical Center will help ensure that we continue to provide the highest-quality, most efficient and cost effective healthcare services right here at home.
The new 56,000 square feet facility will provide for more healthcare capacity, new equipment, updated technology, and expanded services. In addition, with the consolidation of outpatient services, the new facility will improve access to and meet identified future healthcare needs that will ultimately provide many healthcare benefits including:
- Improved access to clinic and outpatient services
- Additional clinic exam rooms to accommodate current providers and allow for growth, as well as house visiting specialists for more convenient access to specialty care
- The ability to incorporate a
Patient-Centered Medical Homedesign into the new clinic, allowing for a more comprehensive team approach to the provision of ambulatory care
- Provide for a centralized nursing station that will serve the emergency department, surgical department and inpatient medical/swing bed unit, providing for additional staff efficiency and enhanced patient care
- A separate emergency room entrance and area to better accommodate emergency care
- A more spacious front entrance with a café and galleria, as well as additional meeting rooms
With an anticipated State award occupancy date of mid-January 2017; and projected move-in completed by March, the $30.5 million facility will offer a number of improvements focusing on quality health care as the number one priority.