Sakakawea Home Health Care
Quality Care in Your Home
For more information about Home Health Care services contact: 7017487380
Home health Care professionals provide a variety of service such as Nursing, Physical Therapy, Medical Social Services, Home Health Aide Services, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy Services.
Home Health Care is a recognized type of professional health care designed to meet medical needs in the comfort and familiarity of one's own residence. Home care is the most efficient form of health care. By bringing health services home, the patient does not generate room and board expenses.
Home Health Provides:
- Skilled Nursing Services which include system assessment, medication instructions, wound care, disease management and education.
- Physical Therapy Services including evaluation and treatment, gait and transfer training, establishment or upgrading of home exercise program.
- Occupational Therapy Services which include evaluation and treatment, upper extremity rehabilitation and assisting with improving independence with activities of daily living.
- Speech Therapy Service which includes evaluation and treatment of speech and language problems, oral motor muscular problems and voice productions.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Services which include assist with bathing, grooming, exercise and light housekeeping.
- Social Services that focus on social and emotional factors related to health condition, depression screening. Assists with long-range planning and community resources available and working with family members.
- Private pay CNA Services which can “fill the gap” between Home Health Care and complete independence with bathing assistance, light housework, and dressing, among other tasks.
Home Health Criteria:
To receive Home Health, a patient must have:
- A skilled nursing or physical therapy need.
- A physician order.
- Be homebound (dependent on type of payer) — Definition of homebound is a patient who has difficulty leaving their home, it is difficult and taxing and they only leave for short periods, such as a Doctor's visit or church.
Sakakawea Home Health Care provides free in-home evaluations to determine criteria.
Home Health Care referrals may be initiated by physicians, patient, family member or health care professionals.